I worked over the last month on the LinkedBrainz project. I was responsible for continuing the mapping of the MusicBrainz Next Generation Schema (MBZ NGS) into appropriated descriptions that make use of various Semantic Web ontologies (especially the Music Ontology (MO)) that was initialised by kurtjx last year and slightly continued by barryn et al. This mapping is described with the help of the D2RQ mapping language and can be executed on a D2R Server (D2RS) instance.
During that time I created various new projects on GitHub or committed changes to existing ones. That’s why, I would like to give you an overview about the various projects and their main content in the following:
- The Linked Brainz D2RS instance project includes:
- The LinkedBrainz-related D2R Translator classes project includes:
- the LinkedBrainz-related D2R Translator classes that are necessary for the mapping
- an issues list with open issues that are not resolved yet
- The LinkedBrainz MBZ NGS to MO etc. mapping test cases project includes:
- the test cases for testing the MBZ NGS to MO etc. mapping
- a JavaDoc documenting the source code of these JUnit tests
- a script to execute all tests (excluding the Track-concept-related tests)
- log files of various test executions
- an issues list with open issues that are discovered during the development and execution of the tests
- The following projects were also created during the development of the mapping and its tests:
- The following projects parts or project branches were also related during the development of the mapping and its tests:
The result of my work so far is that I couldn’t finish the whole mapping of MBZ NGS into appropriated Semantic Web ontology terms. There are still many mappings not available for the link types of the MBZ NGS Advanced Relationships and some where appropriated concepts and/or properties did not exist yet (see above).
Finally, it would be fine to implement a vendor-independent mapping that is based on the R2RML mapping language.
PS: Since the test suite is based on tests that compare the results of SQL queries against the results of SPARQL queries, it can be applied on any other MBZ NGS to MO etc. mapping as well (equivalents to specific D2RQ Translator classes must implement the D2RQ Translator class interface)